Seth Godin – Marketing Guru (July 10, 1960, Mount Vernon)
From NARAN-HO Design, web design specialists in Marbella, we continue to show you our sources of inspiration. This time we will not talk to you about any designer, illustrator or poster artist. This time we will deal with Seth Godin, a marketing guru.
Seth Godin is one of the great marketing gurus today. He studied computer science and philosophy at Tufts University (1982) and an MBA at Stanford (1984).
He is author of innovative bestsellers books, such as Purple Cow: Transform your business by being remarkable, Tribes: We need you to lead us, The Icarus Deception: How high will you flight, The Dip o This is Marketing: You can’t be the seen until you learn to see. His books have managed to sell millions of copies in various languages, positioning himself on the Amazon or New York Times best-seller lists. He is also the author of one of today’s best-known business blogs: Seth Godin Blog.
His latest published book is titled “This is Marketing” (2018), we can tell you that it quickly became a global bestseller. The book raises some aspects such as:
- Marketing is always looking for more: more market share, more customers, more work.
- Marketing creates culture: affiliation, status, people like us.
- Above all, marketing is change.
- The change is made by marketing professionals.
- We are all marketing professionals
Seth Godin presents us with interesting ideas like
- We all have the ability to make more changes than we imagine.
- Marketing changes people through stories, so we must generate good stories with our clients in mind.
- Imagine the conversion funnel full of leaks and holes, and calling us to work to fix it.
For NARAN-HO Design, Seth Godin’s ideas inspire us and allow us to understand and work on marketing efficiently. At one point, Godin said “content marketing is the only marketing left”. We subscribe this phrase and we invite you to know our services. If you need help, contact us.
“Hard work is about risk. It begins when you deal with the things that you’d rather not deal with: fear of failure, fear of standing out, fear of rejection. Hard work is about training yourself to leap over this barrier, drive through the other barrier. And after you’ve done that, to do it again the next day”
“Marketing is about spreading ideas, and spreading ideas is the single most important output of our civilization”